Birth Doula Monatrice
We believe that birth should be a positive and empowering experience, and it's our goal that every one of our moms feel supported and truly cared for during their pregnancies and birth. A unique feature to our care is that we are licensed midwives. That means we are able to check on your and your baby's well-being and progress while laboring at home before heading to the hospital in active labor.
- Recognizes birth as a key experience the mother will remember all her life.
- Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor.
- Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth.
- Stays with the woman throughout the labor.
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decisions.
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers.
- Perceives her role as nurturing and protecting the woman's memory of the birth experience.
- Allows the woman's partner to participate at his/her comfort level.
- DONA International
We love being with parents during this process. Each woman's vision for a positive birth experience varies, so during our prenatal time together we like get to know you and any family attending the birth. Keeping birth partners involved at their comfort level is very important to us, as well. We bring with us a lending library of books and we can put together a simple birth plan and practice comfort measures for labor. This time builds trust between us and the family and instills confidence in expectant parents in their ability to birth and parent their new little one.
During the Birth
During the birth, we stay with you helping your birth partners to be involved and making sure everyone is supported. We can make suggestions for position changes and movement, will remind you to stay nourished and hydrated, and will strive to keep the atmosphere calm. We come to your house, if desired, to guide you when making your decision as to when you should leave for the hospital, if that is your place of birth. As licensed midwives, we have additional medical training and are able to check the baby's heart beat, take your vitals, and do vaginal exams while you labor at home. Home is where you will labor the best. There, you have your own bed, shower, and food. It's naturally where you are most comfortable.
During the early postpartum period (1-2 hours after the birth), we stay with your family to assist with breastfeeding and make sure that you and your birth partners have had a meal. Once we see that you are cozy and we've taken a few pictures of your new family, we leave you to have some quiet time together. Within a week or so, we like to visit your family to review your birth story and make sure you are all adjusting well to life with your new baby.
Doula Monatrice Package:
Includes 2 prenatal visits, unlimited phone support, presence and guidance at your birth, and a postpartum visit.
Fee: $1,700 divided in 2 payments throughout your pregnancy.